Monday, June 30, 2008

Lazy Guns Brisky - my new favorite Japanese all-girl rock band!

Now that I've been in Japan for a couple of months, I've finally started to "figure out" a few of those little things in life that we don't realize we need, but are needed to keep one sane. For instance, I've found this great English language weekend guide/pop culture magazine called Tokyo Metropolis.  It may not sound like much, but I feel as if I've discovered the Rosetta Stone!  It lists restaurants, concerts, museum exhibits, sporting events and anything else you can imagine going on in Yokohama and Tokyo - along with a healthy dose of news and information for the ex-pat crowd here.  Until I begin my Japanese language class this week, I still need these kinds of things to lead me around and tell me what is what.

Another small achievement is finding a decent radio station - InterFM (76.1 on your FM dial...).  Again, I wouldn't die without it, but as one who appreciates a good tune, its nice to hop in the car and have a listen to something interesting.  (Sidebar:  Today, as I was driving around Yokosuka, I heard an updated version of "Kung Fu Fighting" - made me laugh to think I was driving around Japan with that as my soundtrack...)  Anyway, where was I?  Oh yes, back to the point of the title of this entry.  

Tonight, as I was driving home, I heard a great Japanese all-female band called Lazy Guns Brisky.  Love them!  I even sat in the car for a few minutes just so I could hear some more of their music.  They were being "featured" on InterFM to coincide with their CD release party in Tokyo tonight.

Here's the only thing I could find on YouTube - their song, "Michigan":



No comments: