Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Citizens of Japan: BEWARE!


So, quite an exciting accomplishment for me yesterday...  I'm now a legal driver in Japan!  I passed my written exam and driving test with flying colors (okay... not flying colors, but I PASSED okay?!?!?).  If you know people who live, visit or are thinking about living or visiting Japan, tell them to stay off the roads and to walk on the inside edge of the sidewalks.  For, I cannot be responsible for my driving when they are demanding I drive on the LEFT side of the road, sit in a driver's seat on the LEFT side and navigate roundabouts by going LEFT.  I really should get some more insurance.

Japanese fun fact:  In order to get a driver's license as a Japanese citizen, you must attend a driving school - which can cost anywhere from $3,000 - $6,000 and the course lasts from 3 - 6 months.  They don't play around here.

No comments: